Caring For Your Prints & Stickers
Thank you so much for purchasing my artwork! It means the world to me that you are supporting a small business! I wanted to take a moment to share with you some care instructions with you for your artwork from The Sleepy Pine Studio.
My prints are very easy to care for! I highly encourage you to display your prints behind glass. This will help protect your print and ensure that it won’t get unintentionally hurt. Try to find a place without direct sunlight to ensure that the colors do not fade over time.
Most of the sticker I offer are weatherproof, meaning they will stand up to water exposure, scratching, etc… If they aren’t waterproof it will be stated in the product details. You can use your stickers on any surface that you feel drawn to, but keep in mind they are not removable stickers. So, they will be difficult to remove from most surfaces. If you use them on a water bottle, I highly encourage you to hand wash your bottle to ensure they last as long as possible!
My journal stickers are intended to be easily added to any journal! The general rule is to be careful as you remove them from the sticker sheet. Occasionally, the stickers can tear during this process, especially on stickers with tiny details. I have worked to ensure this happens as rarely as possible, but I still encourage caution as you remove them from the sticker sheets.
Using Full Page Stickers
My full page art print stickers can be a little difficult to add to your journal. After a lot of trial and error, I discovered a way to adhere these into a journal without bubbles or torn pages.
Disclaimer: I do not recommend removing the entire sticker backing prior to addition it into your journal. The steps below are what I recommend:
1. Find the perfect page in your journal for your sticker and lay it on the page how you want to place it.
2. Flip the sticker onto the next page, so that you are looking at the back of the sticker. Make sure the part of the sticker that was along the inner fold of the journal stays along with it.
3. Fold back the sticker backing a few centimeters along the part of the sticker that will go into the fold of your journal. Crease the sticker back to ensure it stays in place.
4. Sticker side down, slide the exposed part of the sticker into the fold of the journal. Be careful not to let the sticker touch the paper too soon. You want the sticker to be evenly placed in the fold of the journal.
5. Fold the journal page over the sticker, leaving the remaining backing in place. Once secure, slowly pull the remaining backing off the sticker while simultaneously putting even pressure on the journal page along the sticker to ensure there are no air pockets or folds in the paper.
6. Enjoy your magical journal!
Alternative option: place the sticker on a sheet of plain paper, then glue the paper into your journal.